"Family is the most important thing in the world." ~ Princess Diana

Sunday, August 10, 2014

August Update

Hello!  I have not updated this forever!  To be honest, there is just not much to update.  We have moved up to #33 on the waiting list due to some families making the decision to drop the program.  There have not been any new referrals for months.  It is quite discouraging.  I really just don't even know what to say about what is going on.  I'm not sure why Ethiopian officials are still not signing off on new referrals.  It is what it is and we will continue to wait at this point.  We had hoped to have a referral by now and to be traveling this fall.  At this point, I do not think we will be traveling until sometime in 2015.  We just had a home visit and had our home study updated in July.  We are now able to go up to age 5.  We are on the waiting list for a boy and a girl age 0-5.  We have asked for a girl under 3 and a boy 3-5, but they can both be anywhere between 0-5.  They do have to be 9 months apart in age.  With Kian starting Kindergarten in a little over a week, I am getting more anxious to get this done!  I will have a lot of free time to clean, paint, and get prepared for two more.  I will take advantage of that for sure.  Can you believe my baby is going to Kindergarten?!!!  I am still in denial.  I may decide at the last minute to keep him home with me! ;)  I will miss having him home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment